WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
In our business we seek to treat all our customers fairly at all times and in all aspects of our operations.
This applies equally to those who are knowledgeable about their financial affairs (and the potential impact of financial decisions) and those who are not - in particular those who may be vulnerable to inappropriate approaches to the selling of financial or other products or services.
We abide by the 'Treating Customers Fairly' principles set out by the Financial Conduct Authority or 'FCA' (by which we are regulated and authorised).
Treating Customers Fairly
The FCA has set out 6 key outcomes that firms should strive to achieve to ensure fair treatment of customers. They are:
- Outcome 1: Consumers can be confident they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture.
- Outcome 2: Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly.
- Outcome 3: Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
- Outcome 4: Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances.
- Outcome 5: Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
- Outcome 6: Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
Our entire approach towards customers is based upon a mutual respect for the skills and knowledge on both sides and, in the case of customers, their ability to absorb and understand the potential financial implications to them of obtaining products or services through us.
We are proud of the tools we have provided on this web site and which we use in our business, and which we believe help our customers gain a greater understanding of the financial decisions they may face when obtaining products or services from or through us.
We aim to construct all our communication with customers so that it is understood by them, irrespective of the skills or knowledge that they have. In this way we believe that our customers will be confident about the suitability to them of the products and services we provide.
When we don't think that our products or services are suitable for a customer we will tell them and explain why. We will never knowingly sell a customer a product or service that is not suitable for them.
We strive to communicate in a way that avoids jargon or complex or misleading terms or phrases. Our goal is to give each and every customer the best understanding of what our products and services mean to them and to do the same for those products and services we arrange or deliver through others.
With this approach we believe we will achieve our objective of Treating Customers Fairly and we welcome feed-back on how we are performing against the FCA's objectives and the outcomes listed above.
In the event that you have a complaint about this website or any aspect of our service you can contact us at the following address:
FTS Group Limited
5 Wood Road
Your complaint will be examined under our complaints procedure. You can download a copy of our complaints procedure here.
In addition, we are a member of the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association and comply with the BVRLA Code of Conduct.
The BVRLA has a Government recognised dispute resolution service and you can refer a complaint about us direct to the BVRLA.
If your compaint relates to a financial product or service we have provided and you are not satisfied with the final outcome of our complaints procedure then you can contact The Financial Ombudsman; details can be found at:
Non-financial complaints can be directed to Trading Standards.